Are you thinking about building a new home or buying one soon?
There are plenty of factors that play a role in the cost of your Homeowner’s insurance. Here are a few to keep in mind as you search for your new home or meet with a professional to build your dream home.
- Swimming pools are considered a risk in the insurance business and could possibly increase the amount you pay for insurance
- Everyone loves trampolines, I know. But it is a huge risk factor because people can get hurt easily on them. Some insurance companies may not even insure your home if you have one on the property.
- Some families have pets in their homes as well. Depending on the breed of dog you have could affect the price you pay.
- Exotic animals or hoofed animals can also increase your rate or cause you to be declined by some carriers.
- Gable roofs are the best way to go! You could run into problems getting insurance if you have a flat roof or other type of roof.
- Not all insurance companies offer insurance policies for log homes or unconventional construction type homes.
These are just some things to keep in mind on your hunt for a home for you and your family.