As the weather is starting to get warmer out, we start seeing motorcycles out again on the roadway. Here are some things to remember.
- Take an extra minute to look for motorcycles whether you’re changing lanes or turning at intersections.
- Because of its size, motorcycles may look farther away than it is. When checking traffic, predict a motorcycle is closer than it may look.
- Allow more following distance behind a motorcycle.
- Never try to share a lane with a motorcycle.
- As a motorcyclist, try to position your motorcycle in a place to avoid blind spots of passenger cars.
Most importantly always be aware of your surroundings and be a defensive driver. Always be cautious of what others may be doing on the road way. Let’s all have a safe and enjoyable motorcycle season.